(*All Positions Full)
Volunteers are a valued and integral part of our
They enrich and enhance the life of the Gardens and play a vital role in
supporting the Gardens.
1. Tour Guiding
Gardens runs free tours for the public monthly. The Rainforest Tour is
conducted on the 2nd Saturday of every month and the National Orchid
Garden Tour, the 3rd Saturday. Tours run at 9 am, 10
am, 11 am and 4 pm. These tours are conducted by volunteer guides.
2. Plant Records
Volunteers are sought to do data entry to build up the plant information
database. For this, we would require volunteers to help out during office
hours. Volunteers also have the option of doing field surveys, which include
stocktaking and photo taking. This can be done during the Gardens' opening
hours. Volunteers will gain a working knowledge of plant records management in
a botanic institution and get very familiar with plant names and
Volunteers will have the opportunity to maintain an area of the Gardens.
Presently, volunteers are working on the Herbs and Spices plot at the
Gardening - Preparing the ground, sowing of seeds, pruning,
weeding, fertilising and composting.
Plant identification and labeling - Writeups on the plants, habitats, etc.
. Available on 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month
Volunteers can contribute at the Herbarium by being part of the databasing team. To enter data from historic-heritage specimens collected since the 1790s.
After 10 hours of volunteer work, we will issue a Pass to the
volunteer. With this Pass, volunteers will be entitled to the following
benefits for a year:
1. SBG Volunteer Polo-shirt & volunteer pass
2. Complimentary parking during volunteering sessions
3. Refreshments during volunteering sessions
4. Complimentary Admission to National Orchid Garden
5. Entry to the Staff Reference Section, Library of Botany and Horticulture
6. "Gardenwise", bi-annual publication of the Gardens
7. SBG Calendar on a yearly basis
8. 10% discount at Garden Shop, Library Shop and F&B outlets in SBG
9. Invitation to an annual tea hosted by the Director of the Gardens
10. Invitation to talks by experts in the field eg. SBG Speaker Series
11. Invitation to special events and previews
12. Enrichment workshops or outings/trips organised by SBG
To apply as a volunteer, please email to
NPARKS_SBG_Visitor_Services@NPARKS.GOV.SG, stating the following
information and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Area of volunteer work preferred:
Availability (pls specify day and time):